GPO to check box in System Properties to allow remote conn..

I'm bringin up a new network with 1 SBS 2003 server and 17 desktops, and want
to force the check box "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" in
System Properties. I've read numerous articles on how this should be done,
but none of them offer this specific result. Is there script needed, or
registry policy that I can set at the domain level? Although there are only
17 on this install, next time there may be 50 or 100. I'd like to make the
change on all the domains I manage and also keep end users from deselecting
it. Any help would be appreciated!
--
Bob
2 answers Last reply

    Comp Config\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal
    Services\Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal Services

    Specifies whether to allow users to connect remotely using Terminal
    Services. You can use this setting to configure Terminal Services remote
    access for the target computers. If the status is set to Enabled, users can
    connect to the target computers remotely using Terminal Services. You can
    limit the number of users who can connect simultaneously by configuring the
    Limit number of connections setting or the Maximum Connections option on the
    Network Adapter tab in the Terminal Services Configuration tool. If the
    status is set to Disabled, the target computers maintain current connections,
    but will not accept any new incoming connections. If the status is set to
    Not Configured, Terminal Services uses the Allow users to connect remotely to
    your computer option on the target computer to determine whether remote
    connection is allowed. This option is found on the Remote tab in System
    Properties.

    br,
    Denis

    "RobertNC" wrote:

    > I'm bringin up a new network with 1 SBS 2003 server and 17 desktops, and want
    > to force the check box "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" in
    > System Properties. I've read numerous articles on how this should be done,
    > but none of them offer this specific result. Is there script needed, or
    > registry policy that I can set at the domain level? Although there are only
    > 17 on this install, next time there may be 50 or 100. I'd like to make the
    > change on all the domains I manage and also keep end users from deselecting
    > it. Any help would be appreciated!
    > --
    > Bob

    THANK YOU! Thats just what I needed!

    Bob

    "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

    > Comp Config\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal
    > Services\Allow users to connect remotely using Terminal Services
    >
    > Specifies whether to allow users to connect remotely using Terminal
    > Services. You can use this setting to configure Terminal Services remote
    > access for the target computers. If the status is set to Enabled, users can
    > connect to the target computers remotely using Terminal Services. You can
    > limit the number of users who can connect simultaneously by configuring the
    > Limit number of connections setting or the Maximum Connections option on the
    > Network Adapter tab in the Terminal Services Configuration tool. If the
    > status is set to Disabled, the target computers maintain current connections,
    > but will not accept any new incoming connections. If the status is set to
    > Not Configured, Terminal Services uses the Allow users to connect remotely to
    > your computer option on the target computer to determine whether remote
    > connection is allowed. This option is found on the Remote tab in System
    > Properties.
    >
    > br,
    > Denis
    >
    > "RobertNC" wrote:
    >
    > > I'm bringin up a new network with 1 SBS 2003 server and 17 desktops, and want
    > > to force the check box "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer" in
    > > System Properties. I've read numerous articles on how this should be done,
    > > but none of them offer this specific result. Is there script needed, or
    > > registry policy that I can set at the domain level? Although there are only
    > > 17 on this install, next time there may be 50 or 100. I'd like to make the
    > > change on all the domains I manage and also keep end users from deselecting
    > > it. Any help would be appreciated!
    > > --
    > > Bob

Policy Windows