Sign in with
Your question

Freezing at Windows loading screen

Last response: in Windows 7
July 5, 2011 6:50:47 PM

Need help windows freezes at the logo screen when it starts growing. just got on after 4 days of working on it. tried booting with disc but came to a black screen with a white under-score then message came up saying the BOOTMGR is invalid? Is there some sort of CMD command I could use to fix this? or another way of booting? I tried doing windows repair numerous times, went into bios and reset everything to default making sure everything in use that was needed was on, did memory check, tried reinstalling from win 7 32 bit disc but didnt have any drivers that i could find on the browse tab.. i need help ASAP....i dont dare to restart computer at this time
a b $ Windows 7
July 5, 2011 6:55:56 PM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

The command is bootrec and you find a Command Prompt on your Windows 7 DVD as you head towards repairing a broken system. Start by selecting an install language and it appears to be reinstalling but don't worry - a minute later it offers some repair options. You might actually find selecting StartUp Repair does it all for you.

July 5, 2011 6:59:11 PM

Ive tried start up repair a number of times... and it says that start up repair can't fix the issue...I've attempted a system restore but the restore points werent filed in the systems memory. ill try the commant now.
!