Policy applying twice

A couple of months ago, we upgraded our DC's and Active Directory to
Windows 2003. Since that time, our group policies that have any
settings defined in the User Settings section are being executed twice,
according to RSOP. If a policy has only Computer Settings defined,
then that policy does not execute twice.

This was mostly just an annoyance, however, one of the group policies
that is executing twice contains a logoff script. This logoff script
is now being executed twice as users log off, which is causing problems
with duplicate data. How can I fix this. Is there a way to modify or
link these policies so they will only execute once, or is there a way I
should define the security such that it could keep the script from
being called a second time?