Using Group Policy to add registry entries in HKCU

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 14, 2005 8:07:01 AM

I need to apply registry entries in
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\
Need to add the WunderBar key with a Dword value to make Folderlist open on
startup in Outlook 2003

And

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
I need to add the Dword value DisablePasswordCaching

I am using Windows ADS 2003 and my clients are XP
the .reg and logon script option does not work since the users don't have
permissions to edit the registry.
(I have disabled registry editing tools) and the permissions are not set for
users anyway.

Any help would be great.

JoeL
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 12:58:54 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:07:01 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to apply registry entries in
>My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\
>Need to add the WunderBar key with a Dword value to make Folderlist open on
>startup in Outlook 2003
>
>And
>
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
>I need to add the Dword value DisablePasswordCaching
>
>I am using Windows ADS 2003 and my clients are XP
>the .reg and logon script option does not work since the users don't have
>permissions to edit the registry.
>(I have disabled registry editing tools) and the permissions are not set for
>users anyway.
>
>Any help would be great.
>
>JoeL

See tip 8532 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:36:54 AM

Hi

> I am using Windows ADS 2003 and my clients are XP
> the .reg and logon script option does not work since the users
> don’t have
> permissions to edit the registry. (I have disabled registry editing
> tools) and the permissions are not set for users anyway.

Actually, Users have Full-Control over the HKCurrent User Key as this
is their profile. The logon and reg files will apply. My users are as
locked down as I can make them. They only have mandatory Profiles,
however, any reg or logon scripts still execute if they are in the
HKCurrent User key.

Have you got the .adm’s for Office? I am not sure if they will have
that setting, but they are good to have (available from
office.microsoft.com)

Cheers,

Lara

--
Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Group-Policy-add-registry-...

Or you can download the file "regpolicy.doc" from here.....

"Jerold Schulman" <Jerry@jsiinc.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:07:01 -0800, Joe <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I need to apply registry entries in
>>My
>>Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\
>>Need to add the WunderBar key with a Dword value to make Folderlist open
>>on
>>startup in Outlook 2003
>>
>>And
>>
>>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
>>Settings
>>I need to add the Dword value DisablePasswordCaching
>>
>>I am using Windows ADS 2003 and my clients are XP
>>the .reg and logon script option does not work since the users don't have
>>permissions to edit the registry.
>>(I have disabled registry editing tools) and the permissions are not set
>>for
>>users anyway.
>>
>>Any help would be great.
>>
>>JoeL
>>

> See tip 8532 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
>
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com
January 17, 2005 7:37:02 AM

Thanks but registry editing is disabled so they won't run and the office ADm
don't have the options I need.
I'm going to have to write a custom ADM, If I get it working I'll post it up
here.
If anyone else has it already or something similar I can edit please post it.

JoeL

!