x1950xt 2D Clock - 3D clock problems

Hi,

I recently purchased an x1950xt and running it on 3dmark05 i only scored 9000, this seems poor compared to scores from other owners of this card.

Im running a E6600 core 2 duo and 1 gig of PC6400 C5 (800mhz) ram and its all on an AB9 Pro mobo.

I can't figure this out its my first build so any knowledge i have im learning now as i go.

I check the CCC and i cant see that my card is running at the 3d requested settings, could this be the case and how can i fix this?

Also, im worried it may be my CPU as my pc is running slow and hanging regularly for a dual 2.4ghz conroe.

Does any one know the correct bios settings for my kit so i could check all is ok there?

Thanks for your help, I appologise for my limitted understanding but dont hold back on me, i will do the appropriate research to utilise your advice.

T
3 answers Last reply
More about x1950xt clock clock problems
  1. Quote:
    I check the CCC and i cant see that my card is running at the 3d requested settings, could this be the case and how can i fix this?

It runs at the correct speed in a 3D application. You can uninstall CCC, and install either ATI Tool or ATI Tray Tools, as they have an option to kill 2D/3D clocks, and run the card at the rated speed.

Quote:
    Also, im worried it may be my CPU as my pc is running slow and hanging regularly for a dual 2.4ghz conroe.

You're running stock, so RAM is more likely the issue. Go increase the RAM voltage, it should fix the problem.
  2. Thanks

I've never fiddled with ram voltages, abit uGuru says the following about my ram volatages:-

DDR2 2.02v
    DDR2 VTT 1.01v

What should i bump it to??

My PSU is an AKASA 500w dual 12v rail 18amps on each. Is this sufficient for my setup?
  3. Also, in Task manager i noticed, when i do something trivial like load firefox it uses over 50% CPU usage. This can't be normal. I will continue to try things but i feel as though ive paid 700 pounds for a pc upgrade that isnt any faster.

Im on a clean installation of windows on a fresh WD sata300 drive also.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon 3D Graphics