GPO event ID: 1000

just applied a GPO to my AD Domain in order to change a security setting in
IE. As I made the change, all my Windows XP clients have applied it correctly
through the GPO.
UNfortunately my Windows 2000 clients are unable to apply the change it IE
through GPO. I receive the following error in the APP log.

Source: Userenv
Eventr ID: 1000
"The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts was passed flags (16) and
returned a failure status code of (3)

This happen as I try to update the GPO using secedit, or at bootup when the
GPO is supposed to be applied.

At bootup I will also receive the following

Souece: UserInit
Event ID: 1001
Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy object.

ANy help on these errors would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
1 answer Last reply
More about event 1000

    "Rob142" wrote:
    > just applied a GPO to my AD Domain in order to change a
    > security setting in
    > IE. As I made the change, all my Windows XP clients have
    > applied it correctly
    > through the GPO.
    > UNfortunately my Windows 2000 clients are unable to apply the
    > change it IE
    > through GPO. I receive the following error in the APP log.
    >
    > Source: Userenv
    > Eventr ID: 1000
    > "The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts was passed
    > flags (16) and
    > returned a failure status code of (3)
    >
    > This happen as I try to update the GPO using secedit, or at
    > bootup when the
    > GPO is supposed to be applied.
    >
    > At bootup I will also receive the following
    >
    > Souece: UserInit
    > Event ID: 1001
    > Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy
    > object.
    >

    > ANy help on these errors would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Rob

    Hi,

    According to EventID.net it is a DNS issue.

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1001&eventno=676&source=Userinit&phase=1

    Check my website to make sure DNS is configured properly.
    http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm Also some of the new
    security settings aren’t working on Windows 2000 so it may be a bug if
    you are running the new Windows XP SP 2 ADM’s on your server.

    Check out MS website for more info.

    Cheers,
    lara

    --