  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
January 14, 2005 1:47:06 PM

just applied a GPO to my AD Domain in order to change a security setting in
IE. As I made the change, all my Windows XP clients have applied it correctly
through the GPO.
UNfortunately my Windows 2000 clients are unable to apply the change it IE
through GPO. I receive the following error in the APP log.

Source: Userenv
Eventr ID: 1000
"The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts was passed flags (16) and
returned a failure status code of (3)

This happen as I try to update the GPO using secedit, or at bootup when the
GPO is supposed to be applied.

At bootup I will also receive the following

Souece: UserInit
Event ID: 1001
Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy object.

ANy help on these errors would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

More about : gpo event 1000

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 3:37:55 AM

"Rob142" wrote:
> just applied a GPO to my AD Domain in order to change a
> security setting in
> IE. As I made the change, all my Windows XP clients have
> applied it correctly
> through the GPO.
> UNfortunately my Windows 2000 clients are unable to apply the
> change it IE
> through GPO. I receive the following error in the APP log.
>
> Source: Userenv
> Eventr ID: 1000
> "The Group Policy client-side extension Scripts was passed
> flags (16) and
> returned a failure status code of (3)
>
> This happen as I try to update the GPO using secedit, or at
> bootup when the
> GPO is supposed to be applied.
>
> At bootup I will also receive the following
>
> Souece: UserInit
> Event ID: 1001
> Could not locate the script command lines in the Group Policy
> object.
>

> ANy help on these errors would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob

Hi,

According to EventID.net it is a DNS issue.

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1001&eventno...

Check my website to make sure DNS is configured properly.
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm Also some of the new
security settings aren’t working on Windows 2000 so it may be a bug if
you are running the new Windows XP SP 2 ADM’s on your server.

Check out MS website for more info.

Cheers,
lara

--