"message text for users attempting to log on" not working

I'm trying to activate this policy - I have a Windows 2003 Active Directory
Domain and the majority of my clients are Windows 2000. I've enabled the
policy and placed the text I want displayed at log on, but never get a
message. Any ideas as to what I'm missing or what else to try?

Hi

> I’m trying to activate this policy

Which policy? Where is the policy you are refering to? I am not
familiar with it.

Cheers,

Lara

--
Posted using the http://www.WindowsForumz.com/ interface, at author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Group-Policy-message-text-users-attempting-log-working-ftopict250742.html

JR Trent wrote:
> I'm trying to activate this policy - I have a Windows 2003 Active
> Directory Domain and the majority of my clients are Windows 2000.
> I've enabled the policy and placed the text I want displayed at log
> on, but never get a message. Any ideas as to what I'm missing or
> what else to try?

Did you also enable the message title option?

See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310430 for more help.

No, I'd not done that - I was thinking they were independent of each other,
but after reading the article you linked I see they are not. I've now
enabled the message title as well, so we'll see what happens.

Many Thanks!!

JR Trent wrote:
> No, I'd not done that - I was thinking they were independent of each
> other, but after reading the article you linked I see they are not.
> I've now enabled the message title as well, so we'll see what happens.
>
> Many Thanks!!

Most welcome!