Right click crashes with xp sp2

February 14, 2005 11:03:57 PM

Everytime I right click on anything My computer crashes
or I get a not responding message. I'm not sure if I have
DivX installed on my computer. I don't think I do. I went
through the right click menu and disabled everything and
it still won't right click without crashing Please help
me.

More about : click crashes sp2

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 1:21:51 AM

If you have a Windows cd try Start>Run they type 'sfc /scannow' without the
quotes and with the space after sfc. When it asks for the Windows cd insert
it. If you get a message that the version of Windows on the computer is
later than the cd it means you have installed SP2 and the cd does not have
it. Post back for further instructions.

"King_doom" <dragon_king73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I right click on anything My computer crashes
> or I get a not responding message. I'm not sure if I have
> DivX installed on my computer. I don't think I do. I went
> through the right click menu and disabled everything and
> it still won't right click without crashing Please help
> me.
Anonymous
February 15, 2005 9:19:36 AM

I have windows xp SP2 installed. I read that SP2 causes
these problems.

February 15, 2005 12:12:54 PM

I have not seen anything to indicate that a right click crashes the system
on right click. I am using SP2 on a lot of systems and nothing like that
has shown up in the months since upgrading.

Does your Windows CD have SP2 on it or did you upgrade to SP2 via Windows
Update?

"King_doom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows xp SP2 installed. I read that SP2 causes
> these problems.

Anonymous
February 15, 2005 3:06:04 PM

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

!