Screen saver GPO for specific PCs

Hi
Does anyone know how to apply a user seting to a specific computer. I have a
couple of PCs that sit in the public accessable reception area and I want to
limit the screensaver timeout to 5 minutes for these two PCs. The
receptionists regularly work away from the reception and other members of
staff cover reception from time to time. How do I enforce 5 minute timeouts
on these PCs but not on the other PCs that the staff use. I think the problem
is that I am trying to apply a user setting to a computer.
Thanks
Stuart

I solved this using loopback

"stuartatddb" wrote:
> I solved this using loopback
>

> "Stuart at DDB" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > Does anyone know how to apply a user seting to a specific
> computer. I have a
> > couple of PCs that sit in the public accessable reception
> area and I want to
> > limit the screensaver timeout to 5 minutes for these two
> PCs. The
> > receptionists regularly work away from the reception and
> other members of
> > staff cover reception from time to time. How do I enforce 5
> minute timeouts
> > on these PCs but not on the other PCs that the staff use. I
> think the problem
> > is that I am trying to apply a user setting to a computer.
> > Thanks
> > Stuart

Hi,

To expand on the previous post. There is a policy that is called Group
Policy Loopback processing. You apply it on the GPO that applies to
the COMPUTER. Then you make settings in the User section of the GPO
that applies to the computer. You can choose "merge" and the
Computers’ User section applies to ALL users logging into that machine
(as well as their own) In case of a conflict the Computers GP wins.

Cheers,
Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Screen-saver-GPO-specific-PCs-ftopict252242.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=783193