digial signature

hi can anyone help please... i am trying to download msn but an error
message says that the file was blocked because it does not have a valid
digial signature what does this mean thanks

Click OK to accept it as not being digitally signed. It will proceed.

"djcurtis7" <curti@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> hi can anyone help please... i am trying to download msn but an error
> message says that the file was blocked because it does not have a valid
> digial signature what does this mean thanks

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"djcurtis7" <curti@videotron.ca> wrote in message
> hi can anyone help please... i am trying to download msn but an error
> message says that the file was blocked because it does not have a valid
> digial signature what does this mean thanks

digital signatures are a way of knowing who you are accepting files from.
You should view the certificate to see the authenticity of it before
proceeding. Anyone can create a digital signature.

Salut/Hi djcurtis7,

le/on Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:56:42 -0500, tu disais/you said:-

>hi can anyone help please... i am trying to download msn but an error
>message says that the file was blocked because it does not have a valid
>digial signature what does this mean thanks

Very odd. I'd have thought that even if no other applications had them, at
least all Microsoft applications would.

Digital signing is a Microsoft device to ensure that files you download are
authentic and compatible with XP. I think it works like this. XP comes with
a list of applications which have been certified as being XP compatible, and
each has had some kind of checksum calculated for it, which guarantees that
it's both authentic and compatible. From time to time, when it updates
itself, XP adds to that list. Then when you seek to download and install an
application, XP can check that it's kosher.

At least, I think that's how it works. To find out more, from your XP Start
menu, click on "Help and Support". In the search window, type in "Digital
Signature" and read further.

As Colin said, you can continue to download MSN without digital
verification, however.
--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

I would have thought so too, but it is MSN so I am not sure what the OP is
running into.