Policy Hierarchy Question

I am trying to setup a policy to screensaver w/ lock after a set time.

I have it set to 30 minutes in default domain policy but I also want a
select group to have a 10 minute lockout. It is set on the domain but the
policy is only readable by the subgroup.

I created another policy (2nd on the list for the domain) and set the
settings the same except for the lockout time.

Everything I have read says it should apply the policies in order and
overwrite things already set. Nothing is set to no overrride or enforced but
I am a member of the subgroup and am still getting a 30 minute lockout.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm not sure I followed what you did, but GPO application on a container
works from the bottom up.
i.e. the GPO at the top of the list will take precedance over all others.
Therefore the GPO that sets a 10 minute lockout should be higher in the list
of GPOs attached to the domain.

--
Glenn L
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security