Lost my control panel

Where it should say control panel it says "set program access and defaults".
Does anyone know how I got rid of my control panel?? Does anyone know how to
get it back??

Are you referring to the Control Panel icon in Start Menu? If so, enable
Control Panel link in Start Menu Properties.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User