thkbrew89

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
I have an EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS in my computer, and it's a beast. At stock speeds, it idles at ~60C. It's ridiculously hot and heats up my room. Using nVidia's ntune program I can increase the fan speed to 100% which makes it idle at ~49C. Unfortunately, if I save a profile with the fan speed at 100% ntune doesn't recognize it and will not change the fan speed, so to cool it down I have to change the settings manually every time I boot up my PC. Is there any aftermarket cooler I could put on this thing to prevent my room from turning into a sauna about 10 minutes after I boot up. Seriously, it's better than a space-heater.

Bl4d3

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
well, koolance has developed a water cooling block for the GTX/GTS. this block runs about $100. i am just waiting for the r600 to come out so i can buy a GTS/GTX for cheaper and buy the water block.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
I have an EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS in my computer, and it's a beast. At stock speeds, it idles at ~60C. It's ridiculously hot and heats up my room. Using nVidia's ntune program I can increase the fan speed to 100% which makes it idle at ~49C. Unfortunately, if I save a profile with the fan speed at 100% ntune doesn't recognize it and will not change the fan speed, so to cool it down I have to change the settings manually every time I boot up my PC. Is there any aftermarket cooler I could put on this thing to prevent my room from turning into a sauna about 10 minutes after I boot up. Seriously, it's better than a space-heater.
GTS is a hot card so when under the load it will bring a lot of heat. No matter what hsf cooler you put on it it will still heat up your room.

Use Rivatuner to adjust your fan speed it will let you apply fan settings at windows startup.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/RivaTuner.shtml

23gt4.jpg

then
24wf5.jpg