Software issue with mouse

advcomp2019

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I think I am putting this in the wrong area, but I do not know.

I finally decided to try out the Logitech MX5000 out. I had the MX5000 with SetPoint 3.15c installed on my laptop for a while. Then I remove that SetPoint to reinstalled the SetPoint 3.10 for my Logitech V400. Each time it happens, services.exe goes to 80 to 100 percent. Since that process is at 80 to 100 percent, it locks up Windows. Then I have to push the power button on my laptop for five seconds to turn it off. Since I did that now, SetPoint 3.10 looks like it is now trying to call for the Logitech Bluetooth receiver. Then, I can't reinstall SetPoint 3.15c without having the same problem. I tried a clean install the way Logitech says on their site 4 times with no luck because the software will not show up in Add/Remove Programs. Plus I get messages in my event viewer.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 1/24/2007
Time: 5:24:16 PM
User: *******
Computer: *******
Description:
The Logitech Bluetooth Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

That is one of the many messages in the event viewer without my computer name and user name.

Is there is a fix without reloading my laptop? Please reply.

advcomp2019

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Got it to work by disabling Event Log and Plug and Play, then restarted the computer. I ran the installer then it works. After installing, I enabled back to what those services back to what they was before disabling them. After that, I restarted.