Redirecting Internet Favorites

Does anyone know of a Group Policy entry that can redirect internet
favorites to a desired location? If anyone has successfully written a GP
add-on, please let me know.

Thanks.

I have never tried this, but it looks like it will do what you need, and then
some.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderredirector.htm

"stikfa" wrote:
> I have never tried this, but it looks like it will do what you
> need, and then
> some.
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/folderredirector.htm
>

> "newtonp" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a Group Policy entry that can redirect
> internet
> > favorites to a desired location? If anyone has successfully
> written a GP
> > add-on, please let me know.
> >
> > Thanks.

Hi,

I did it with a VBScript that I have a logon. The only thing is the
Folder MUST Exist so I have a script to create it too in case it isn’t
there. If you are using roaming profiles it DOES tatoo the users
profile. Therefore IF you want to change it in the future you must
write another script to put the registry back to default. You may not
need the fs.CopyFolder as I copy preset IE shortcuts that I want them
to have. As Folder Redirection isn’t done in an ADM I found it
difficult to create a Group Policy to do this.

Favourite Folder creation

On Error Resume Next
Set fs = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set foldr = fs.CreateFolder ("H:\Favorites")
fs.CopyFolder "\\server\NETLOGON\Links" ,
"H:\Favorites\Links"
On Error Resume Next
Set WSHShell = nothing

Fav Folder redirection
Dim Path
Path =
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp
lorer\User
Shell Folders\"
set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
o=ws.RegWrite(Path & "Favorites", "H:\Favorites",
"REG_EXPAND_SZ")
v=ws.RegRead(Path & "Favorites")
Set WSHShell = nothing

Cheers,