Recyle Bin

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 21, 2005 12:35:06 PM

Is their any way that i can remove the recyle bin from the desktop with a
group policy using windows 2000 server

More about : recyle bin

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 4:47:16 PM

I know that there is a GP to do this with Windows XP, but I don't
believe there is one for Windows 2000.

See KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869

It says that the GP for removing the recycle bin is only available for
Windows XP (and I'd imagine Server 2003 as well). Personally, for
Windows 2000 I'd recommend tweakUI. But depending on the amount of
machines you have, that could be unfeasable.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

-Colin
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 4:26:30 AM

"ctorretta1" wrote:
> I know that there is a GP to do this with Windows XP, but I
> don't
> believe there is one for Windows 2000.
>
> See KB article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869
>
> It says that the GP for removing the recycle bin is only
> available for
> Windows XP (and I'd imagine Server 2003 as well). Personally,
> for
> Windows 2000 I'd recommend tweakUI. But depending on the
> amount of
> machines you have, that could be unfeasable.
> Sorry I couldn't be more help.
>
> -Colin

Hi,

The weird thing is the policies that MS said "only ran on Windows
XP" actually ran on Windows 2000 until they added the "if version <
4" into the new SP2 system.ADM’s. You can always copy the recycle bin
section and modify it and see if you could get it to work.

POLICY !!NoRecycleBinIcon
KEYNAME
"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum"
deletethisline #if version >= 4
deletethisline SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_WindowsXP
deletethisline #endif

EXPLAIN !!NoRecycleBinIcon_Help
VALUENAME "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
END POLICY

Cheers

Lara

PS Make backups first.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Recyle-Bin-ft...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=783133
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
January 22, 2005 5:27:01 AM

will i need windows xp to do this, if i do then i will not be able to do it
because i do not use windows xp on the network

"lforbes" wrote:

> "ctorretta1" wrote:
> > I know that there is a GP to do this with Windows XP, but I
> > don't
> > believe there is one for Windows 2000.
> >
> > See KB article:
> >
> > It says that the GP for removing the recycle bin is only
> > available for
> > Windows XP (and I'd imagine Server 2003 as well). Personally,
> > for
> > Windows 2000 I'd recommend tweakUI. But depending on the
> > amount of
> > machines you have, that could be unfeasable.
> > Sorry I couldn't be more help.
> >
> > -Colin
>
> Hi,
>
> The weird thing is the policies that MS said "only ran on Windows
> XP" actually ran on Windows 2000 until they added the "if version <
> 4" into the new SP2 system.ADM’s. You can always copy the recycle bin
> section and modify it and see if you could get it to work.
>
> POLICY !!NoRecycleBinIcon
> KEYNAME
> "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\NonEnum"
> deletethisline #if version >= 4
> deletethisline SUPPORTED !!SUPPORTED_WindowsXP
> deletethisline #endif
>
> EXPLAIN !!NoRecycleBinIcon_Help
> VALUENAME "{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}"
> END POLICY
>
> Cheers
>
> Lara
>
> PS Make backups first.

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Recyle-Bin-ft...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=783133

Anonymous
January 23, 2005 3:43:35 AM

>will i need windows xp to do this, if i do then i will not be able to
>do it because i do not use windows xp on the network

You just need a copy of the Windows XP SP2 ADM’s which are the newest
ADM’s for the Win 2000/2003 Servers out there. They will run on
Windows 2000 or 2003 Server, but back up the current adm’s first just
in case. I have them here
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/downloads/xpsp2adm.zi...

However, you can just cut and paste what I posted previously into a
custom ADM and edit it removing the version lines. Look at the
current .adm’s on your server for how to add the beginning parts and
the strings at the end.

Cheers,

Lara
Anonymous