XP Pro & logon screen

I was trying tweaks & tips for XP Pro. I tried one tip that I thought would
clear away the need to sign on each time I start my laptop. Now when I try to
sign on after re-boot, I am asked for my password; when entered, it comes
back that the account has been disabled and I cannot get onto the system. It
says contact the adminsitrator.
But I can't get passed the logon screen in any way.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point before
you used that program?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was trying tweaks & tips for XP Pro. I tried one tip that I thought would
> clear away the need to sign on each time I start my laptop. Now when I try
> sign on after re-boot, I am asked for my password; when entered, it comes
> back that the account has been disabled and I cannot get onto the system.
> It
> says contact the adminsitrator.
> But I can't get passed the logon screen in any way.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen. Error
message says that user has been deleted.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point before
> you used that program?
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was trying tweaks & tips for XP Pro. I tried one tip that I thought would
> > clear away the need to sign on each time I start my laptop. Now when I try
> > sign on after re-boot, I am asked for my password; when entered, it comes
> > back that the account has been disabled and I cannot get onto the system.
> > It
> > says contact the adminsitrator.
> > But I can't get passed the logon screen in any way.
> > Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

You'll have to try a 'Repair' install of XP, if none of the Options you have
tried so far, work. Have a look at the following article by Michael
Stevens:

"How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"

> Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen. Error
> message says that user has been deleted.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point
>> before
>> you used that program?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was trying tweaks & tips for XP Pro. I tried one tip that I thought
>> >would
>> > clear away the need to sign on each time I start my laptop. Now when I
>> > try
>> > sign on after re-boot, I am asked for my password; when entered, it
>> > comes
>> > back that the account has been disabled and I cannot get onto the
>> > system.
>> > It
>> > says contact the adminsitrator.
>> > But I can't get passed the logon screen in any way.
>> > Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. I'll try the 'repair' install and let you know.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> You'll have to try a 'Repair' install of XP, if none of the Options you have
> tried so far, work. Have a look at the following article by Michael
> Stevens:
>
> "How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install"
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
>
> --
>

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen. Error
> > message says that user has been deleted.
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point
> >> before
> >> you used that program?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Thanks. I'll try the 'repair' install & let you know.

=?Utf-8?B?UE1G?= <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen.
> Error message says that user has been deleted.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point
>> before you used that program?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I was trying tweaks & tips for XP Pro. I tried one tip that I
>> >thought would
>> > clear away the need to sign on each time I start my laptop. Now
>> > when I try to
>> > sign on after re-boot, I am asked for my password; when entered,
>> > it comes back that the account has been disabled and I cannot get
>> > onto the system. It
>> > says contact the adminsitrator.
>> > But I can't get passed the logon screen in any way.
>> > Any help would be appreciated.

and you can't log in using the 'Administrator' account ?

No - I've tried Administrator, Guest and the user name - nothing will take me
beyond the login screen.

"DanS" wrote:

> =?Utf-8?B?UE1G?= <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
> > Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen.
> > Error message says that user has been deleted.
> >
> > "Will Denny" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point
> >> before you used that program?
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Will Denny
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> Please reply to the News Groups
> >>

> >> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>

> and you can't log in using the 'Administrator' account ?

You can't even boot into Safe Mode and select the 'Administrator' User
account? If you can,
Log in that way and use system restore to see if that will fix your problem.
If that doesn't, when
you are starting your computer, instead of selecting 'Safe Mode' select,
"Use last know good configuration".
See if that helps any.

~Saavedro

"DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@a.d.e.l.p.h.i.a..n.e.t> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?UE1G?= <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>
>> Hello - No, even in safe mode I cannot get past the logon screen.
>> Error message says that user has been deleted.
>>
>> "Will Denny" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Can you boot into Safe Mode and try a System Restore back to a point
>>> before you used that program?
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Will Denny
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>>

>>> "PMF" <PMF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>

> and you can't log in using the 'Administrator' account ?

Thanks to all for the replies.
I ended up doing a clean install of XP Pro, & that fixed it P-)