Minimum password length problems

Domain: W2K

I recently changed the Minimum password length setting in the Default Domain
Policy on one of our Child Domains. The setting sticks for up to 30 minutes
(the longest) and then it reverts back to its previous value.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or can anyone tell me what is going
on and how to make the change stick?

Any help appreciated.

What happens if you sit at the DC and enter - at a command prompt - net
accounts? then, go to any of the workstations and enter - at a command
prompt - net accounts. Are the results the same?

And what did you change exactly? What are the values?

Is DNS set up correctly?

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014