accidentally removed domain admin rights in security of a ..

I accidentally removed all domain admins from the security property of a GPO.
Now this GPO is read-only from all and can not be modified. Any ideas how
to fix this? There is a security group called System that has full admin
rights tp this GPO. How can add myself to this group?
2 answers Last reply
More about accidentally removed domain admin rights security

    "TJ16" wrote:
    > I accidentally removed all domain admins from the security
    > property of a GPO.
    > Now this GPO is read-only from all and can not be modified.
    > Any ideas how
    > to fix this? There is a security group called System that has
    > full admin
    > rights tp this GPO. How can add myself to this group?

    Hi,

    I am not sitting in front of my DC so I am not sure if this is
    possible, however CAN you get to an Ownership tab and take ownership?
    That is the only way I know to recover from something like this.

    The SYSTEM account is the local computer account. You can’t add
    yourself to it.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-accidentally-removed-domain-admin-rights-security-GPO-ftopict254508.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=784837

    Hi
    you can obtain perrmisions via Active Directory.

    first, check , what GUID of the GPO in property TAB .
    open Active directory users and computers, make sure that advanced options
    checked in view menu.
    go down to Systam -> Policies. find your GUID of GPO and put perrmisions for
    this object in security tab. wait some seconds and check if it works on GPO
    properties

    sorry for poor english....

    "lforbes" wrote:

    > "TJ16" wrote:
    > > I accidentally removed all domain admins from the security
    > > property of a GPO.
    > > Now this GPO is read-only from all and can not be modified.
    > > Any ideas how
    > > to fix this? There is a security group called System that has
    > > full admin
    > > rights tp this GPO. How can add myself to this group?
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am not sitting in front of my DC so I am not sure if this is
    > possible, however CAN you get to an Ownership tab and take ownership?
    > That is the only way I know to recover from something like this.
    >
    > The SYSTEM account is the local computer account. You can’t add
    > yourself to it.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Lara

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-accidentally-removed-domain-admin-rights-security-GPO-ftopict254508.html