latest xp sp2 security templates

Bruce

I've applied winXP sp2 but all my security templates are dated 2003. Where
can I download the latest .adm's for xp sp2?

TIA

They should be included with XP SP2 if you look in the
I385 folder you should see the system.ad_ file. It will
be in the %SYSTEMROOT%\inf folder

Bruce

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:16cb01c50252$122b2b40
$a501280a@phx.gbl:

> They should be included with XP SP2 if you look in the
> I385 folder you should see the system.ad_ file. It will
> be in the %SYSTEMROOT%\inf folder

my fault, I am looking for updated security templates (.inf) files. sorry
for the .adm confusion.

It appears to me that SP2 did not include new versions of the security
templates (%systemroot%\security\templates).

Based on what those "Templates" are for and do, I suspect that they would
not need to be updated by a Service Pack.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP Printing
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders

> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:16cb01c50252$122b2b40
> $a501280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> They should be included with XP SP2 if you look in the
>> I385 folder you should see the system.ad_ file. It will
>> be in the %SYSTEMROOT%\inf folder

Don't forget to install 2003 Server Update for long strings support on XPSP2
templates

What 2003 server update for long strings?

"John Freeman" <quake@hotbox.ru> wrote in message

> "bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > $a501280a@phx.gbl:
> >
> >> They should be included with XP SP2 if you look in the
> >> I385 folder you should see the system.ad_ file. It will
> >> be in the %SYSTEMROOT%\inf folder

KB842933

"Carl Hilton" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> What 2003 server update for long strings?
>

> "John Freeman" <quake@hotbox.ru> wrote in message
> >
> > "bruce" <badiii@DELyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > $a501280a@phx.gbl: