Default Domain Policy Backup

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
January 24, 2005 8:31:02 PM

How do I create a backup of the Default Domain Policy?

Thanks,
Brad
January 25, 2005 3:25:23 PM

"bdenning" <bdenning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I create a backup of the Default Domain Policy?
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

You can do this (a a lot of other cool things) with this.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default...
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 3:25:24 PM

Sorry. I should have mentioned I just have WIN 2000 Server. I don't think
that will run on 2000.

"Paul" wrote:

> "bdenning" <bdenning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I create a backup of the Default Domain Policy?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brad
>
> You can do this (a a lot of other cool things) with this.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default...

January 25, 2005 3:25:25 PM

Oh, but it does! I use GPMC to manage the group policies for my 2000 domain
from my XP machine.

Works like a charm!

Ken

> Sorry. I should have mentioned I just have WIN 2000 Server. I don't think
> that will run on 2000.
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>

>> "bdenning" <bdenning@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I create a backup of the Default Domain Policy?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Brad
>>
>> You can do this (a a lot of other cool things) with this.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/gpmc/default...

January 26, 2005 2:03:06 PM

Yes, I concur. I do the same thing......mind you, would be nice if it could
run on win2K server......

!