How can users who move around connect to the closest print..

I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by logon script but
am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!
2 answers Last reply
More about users move connect closest print

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:27:02 -0800, "Firesky" <Firesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by logon script but
    >am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!

    See tip 672 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman
    Windows Server MVP
    JSI, Inc.
    http://www.jsiinc.com

    "Jerold Schulman" wrote:
    > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:27:02 -0800, "Firesky"
    > <Firesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by
    > logon script but
    > >am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be
    > greatly appreciated!
    >
    > See tip 672 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
    >
    > Jerold Schulman
    > Windows Server MVP
    > JSI, Inc.
    > http://www.jsiinc.com

    Hi,

    I use a batch file as a startup script on my computers. I also use it
    to set the default printer depending on the Room they are in.
    VBScripts don’t work to load printers on startup.

    rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n "\\Server\printer"
    rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "\\Server\printer"

    I also enable group policy loopback mode and under the User config
    section of the Computer GP I set it as well to make sure the user gets
    the right printer when logging onto that machine.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-users-move-connect-closest-printer-ftopict255566.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=789933