How can users who move around connect to the closest print..

I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by logon script but
am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:27:02 -0800, "Firesky" <Firesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by logon script but
>am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!

See tip 672 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com

"Jerold Schulman" wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:27:02 -0800, "Firesky"
> <Firesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to be able to either set this via group policy or by
> logon script but
> >am rather lost. Any help that anyone can offer will be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> See tip 672 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com
>
> Jerold Schulman
> Windows Server MVP
> JSI, Inc.
> http://www.jsiinc.com

Hi,

I use a batch file as a startup script on my computers. I also use it
to set the default printer depending on the Room they are in.
VBScripts don’t work to load printers on startup.

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n "\\Server\printer"
rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /n "\\Server\printer"

I also enable group policy loopback mode and under the User config
section of the Computer GP I set it as well to make sure the user gets
the right printer when logging onto that machine.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-users-move-connect-closest-printer-ftopict255566.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=789933