Conflicting Policies?

Hello...

When I run the "Gpresult" command from various workstations in my
Telemarketing Group, I've noticed that there are 2 types of policy being
applied, one being the Local Policy and one from the Telemarketing Policy.

The Local Policy is listing first, followed by the Telemarketing Policy, is
there a way to delete or move the Local Policy, and make the Telemarketing
Policy as primary?

Thanks.

"bugginout" wrote:
> Hello...
>
> When I run the "Gpresult" command from various workstations in
> my
> Telemarketing Group, I've noticed that there are 2 types of
> policy being
> applied, one being the Local Policy and one from the
> Telemarketing Policy.
>
> The Local Policy is listing first, followed by the
> Telemarketing Policy, is
> there a way to delete or move the Local Policy, and make the
> Telemarketing
> Policy as primary?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

The local policy is listed first because it is processed first which
means it it can be overridden by any GP’s at the Domain level.

This is the design. The policy listed last is the one that always wins
in a conflict (with the exception of no override)

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Conflicting-Policies-ftopict256275.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=791621