HP63XX and VPN with ISA

April 22, 2005 9:32:11 AM

Hi,
i am trying to connect an HP6340 pocket pc with my network using ISA 2004
server as VPN server. It seems to work fine and let me authenticate but then
the ISA break the connection when I try to use the VPN to see internal server.
Anyone uses ISA server as VPN server with pocket pc and can help.
Thank you.

More about : hp63xx vpn isa

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:30:01 AM

Hi,
Are all the locations inside the vpn referenced with names without periods?
Basically the VPN client only connects to websites with withou periods in
the name.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com

"RP_64" <RP_64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> i am trying to connect an HP6340 pocket pc with my network using ISA 2004
> server as VPN server. It seems to work fine and let me authenticate but
> then
> the ISA break the connection when I try to use the VPN to see internal
> server.
> Anyone uses ISA server as VPN server with pocket pc and can help.
> Thank you.

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:23:06 AM

Yes, the server is myserver.mycom.it
I also tryed with the IP address.
But the ISA server break the connection.
If I use a PC instead of Pocket pc everything works.
Thank you

"Chris De Herrera" wrote:

> Hi,
> Are all the locations inside the vpn referenced with names without periods?
> Basically the VPN client only connects to websites with withou periods in
> the name.
>

> --
> Chris De Herrera
> http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
> http://www.tabletpctalk.com
> http://www.pocketpctalk.com
> http://www.mobilitytalk.com
>
> "RP_64" <RP_64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > i am trying to connect an HP6340 pocket pc with my network using ISA 2004
> > server as VPN server. It seems to work fine and let me authenticate but
> > then
> > the ISA break the connection when I try to use the VPN to see internal
> > server.
> > Anyone uses ISA server as VPN server with pocket pc and can help.
> > Thank you.

April 26, 2005 12:53:38 PM

If you have any dotted address that you wish to access over the vpn tunnel,
you will need to add those addresses to the exceptions list in the pocket
pc. When the connection manager comes across a dotted ip address in a
connection manager aware program, it will drop the vpn connection because it
thinks that you want to be on the internet.

rights...

> Yes, the server is myserver.mycom.it
> I also tryed with the IP address.
> But the ISA server break the connection.
> If I use a PC instead of Pocket pc everything works.
> Thank you
>

> "Chris De Herrera" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Are all the locations inside the vpn referenced with names without
>> periods?
>> Basically the VPN client only connects to websites with withou periods in
>> the name.
>>

>> --
>> Chris De Herrera
>> http://www.pocketpcfaq.com
>> http://www.tabletpctalk.com
>> http://www.pocketpctalk.com
>> http://www.mobilitytalk.com
>>
>> "RP_64" <RP_64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > i am trying to connect an HP6340 pocket pc with my network using ISA
>> > 2004
>> > server as VPN server. It seems to work fine and let me authenticate but
>> > then
>> > the ISA break the connection when I try to use the VPN to see internal
>> > server.
>> > Anyone uses ISA server as VPN server with pocket pc and can help.
>> > Thank you.

Anonymous
April 27, 2005 8:26:01 AM

Thank you, now everything works fine.