finding outlook folder on my old Hard-drive,

RR

Hi Guy Here's my problem I have had to put a new harddrive into my system
p4. 2.4gig 256ram,
I have reinstalled winxp and have put my old drive in as a slave to the new
drive,
my old drive was fine i just needed a bigger h/d
ok I didnt touch anything on the old drive so nothing as been delleted from
the old C/drive ie all of the windows folders are still intact

I need to get into my old Office outlook and find my old emails from their
and also outlook express, anyone know what folder I should look in for my
old emails.
do i look in a windows folder or is their another folder i should look in
HELP>
Thanks RR

RR wrote:
>> Hi Guy Here's my problem I have had to put a new harddrive into my
>> system p4. 2.4gig 256ram,
>> I have reinstalled winxp and have put my old drive in as a slave to the
>> new drive,
>> my old drive was fine i just needed a bigger h/d
>> ok I didnt touch anything on the old drive so nothing as been delleted
>> from the old C/drive ie all of the windows folders are still intact
>>
>> I need to get into my old Office outlook and find my old emails from
>> their and also outlook express, anyone know what folder I should look
>> in for my old emails.
>> do i look in a windows folder or is their another folder i should look
>> in HELP>
>> Thanks RR

File and Settings Transfer Wizard

rush

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 14:26:33 +0000, RR wrote:

> Hi Guy Here's my problem I have had to put a new harddrive into my system
> p4. 2.4gig 256ram,
> I have reinstalled winxp and have put my old drive in as a slave to the
> new drive,
> my old drive was fine i just needed a bigger h/d ok I didnt touch anything
> on the old drive so nothing as been delleted from the old C/drive ie all
> of the windows folders are still intact
>
> I need to get into my old Office outlook and find my old emails from their
> and also outlook express, anyone know what folder I should look in for my
> old emails.
> do i look in a windows folder or is their another folder i should look in
> HELP>
> Thanks RR

The default location of Outlook 2003 mail is:

Documents and Settings | Local Settings| Application | Data | Microsoft |
Outlook| outlook.pst

Rush
http://www.bythedrop.com

Not useful though unless the old installation is booted first, and FASTWiz
is used to export the existing system settings.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Rush" wrote:

> The default location of Outlook 2003 mail is:
>
> Documents and Settings | Local Settings| Application | Data | Microsoft |
> Outlook| outlook.pst

Correct. However, he will likely need to select "Folder Options" under the
"Tools" menu of any folder, and "Show hidden files and folders" under the
"Views" tab, to actually see the hidden folders containing that
"outlook.pst" file.

Likewise, he should reselect "Do not show hidden files and folders" when
he is finished - he would rarely need to access these hidden folders and we
certainly would not want him to accidently delete one.

Stewart