Default User Group

Can I set the default user group using GPOs and if so, how do I do it? I
would like our students to normally be in the Restricted Users group, bu they
need to be in the Power Users group to run a particular SW package for a few
weeks. Setting the group in a GPO would be preferable.
1 answer Last reply
More about default user group

    "Peter Olmsford" wrote:
    > Can I set the default user group using GPOs and if so, how do
    > I do it? I
    > would like our students to normally be in the Restricted Users
    > group, bu they
    > need to be in the Power Users group to run a particular SW
    > package for a few
    > weeks. Setting the group in a GPO would be preferable.

    Hi,

    You could investigate Restricted Groups. It is recommended to test it
    first. Restricted Groups are in the Computer Config Section under
    Windows-Security-Restricted groups.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Default-User-ftopict256296.html