Default User Group

Can I set the default user group using GPOs and if so, how do I do it? I
would like our students to normally be in the Restricted Users group, bu they
need to be in the Power Users group to run a particular SW package for a few
weeks. Setting the group in a GPO would be preferable.

"Peter Olmsford" wrote:
> Can I set the default user group using GPOs and if so, how do
> I do it? I
> would like our students to normally be in the Restricted Users
> group, bu they
> need to be in the Power Users group to run a particular SW
> package for a few
> weeks. Setting the group in a GPO would be preferable.

Hi,

You could investigate Restricted Groups. It is recommended to test it
first. Restricted Groups are in the Computer Config Section under
Windows-Security-Restricted groups.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Default-User-ftopict256296.html