Lock down local drives

I have a local policy on our win2k boxes that hides and prevents access to
all local drives. Whne a user wants to save a file to their network folder,
they always get and error saying that the local drives are not accessible.
After they click ok to the dialogue box they can browse the network folders
and save the file. Is there a way to suppress the error messages with a reg
hack or some settings???
TIA
WP
1 answer Last reply
More about lock local drives

    Hi,

    >I have a local policy on our win2k boxes that hides and prevents
    >access to all local drives

    The Hide local drives won’t create problems but the Prevent Access
    drive one will. I have set up NTFS Read permissions to secure my local
    harddrives and then just use the Hide access to drives. Also, you can
    customize it if you want using the .adm instructions on my website.
    http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Lock-local-drives-ftopict256364.html