WMI Script

Help,

I need to push a group policy out to boxes which only have pentium 4's and
no others. How do I create a wmi filter with server 03's group policy to
accomplish this?

Thanks.
George

select * from Win32_Processor where Name like "%Pentium 4%"

The LIKE clause works only on XP and above though. You have to find the
exact string to run the query on Windows 2000.

Senthil

"GeorgeKA" <ibingaa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> I need to push a group policy out to boxes which only have pentium 4's and
> no others. How do I create a wmi filter with server 03's group policy to
> accomplish this?
>
> Thanks.
> George

A way to accomplish this would be to use the GPMC SP1 from a WINXP Pro SP2
client. I believe that the WMI Filtering option is available to you then.
There may be restrictions ( as mentioned by the other poster ).

--
Cary W. Shultz
Roanoke, VA 24014

http://www.activedirectory-win2000.com