Sharp Aquos LC-37HV4U and connecting to PC with DVI

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
May 30, 2004 5:26:37 PM

Hello:

I have the above model flat screen tv. I currently connect my pc into the
front of the AVC system to the PC inputs. Has anyone connected their PC
using the DVI inputs in the back? If so which type of DVI cable did you
use. I am confused which to use. My graphics card is the Radeon 9800XT
with DVI inputs.

Thanks for any help
November 27, 2011 10:15:30 PM

From the research i have done (as well a personal experiments) , the DVI connector on the rear cannot be used with a PC video card, as it is not setup to recieve or communicate with a PC. If you would like to use the display with your pc, you can however disconnect the 2 connectors from the back of the display unit (grey and white), and then connect a DVI-I connector directly from your PC to the display. The image is really sharp, but the trade off is you lose the functionality of the box. One possible solution to this, is to find and use a DVI switch, so that you can have both your command box and PC connected to the display unit, then switch between the different sources.
October 31, 2012 11:39:52 PM

johnposson said:
From the research i have done (as well a personal experiments) , the DVI connector on the rear cannot be used with a PC video card, as it is not setup to recieve or communicate with a PC. If you would like to use the display with your pc, you can however disconnect the 2 connectors from the back of the display unit (grey and white), and then connect a DVI-I connector directly from your PC to the display. The image is really sharp, but the trade off is you lose the functionality of the box. One possible solution to this, is to find and use a DVI switch, so that you can have both your command box and PC connected to the display unit, then switch between the different sources.

i like your idea on connecting the dvi-i cable from the pc to the tv, the problem seems to be the dvi-i cable has 4 pins around the horizontal connector, but no holes for the 4 pins around the horizontal hole on the tv....please advise...ty
!