desktop (area where you select wallpaper) tab is missing f..

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

how can i get my desktop tab back into display properties so that i can
change my wallpaper?

"NoDesktop" is not in HKLKM or
HCKU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Policies/Explorer so changing that to a
zero is out of the question; I even added it to the registry with a
value of zero and that didn't help.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi (ProteanThread),

Try the fix that is available here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (line 128, right-hand side -->
Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs)

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

Patti MacLeod wrote:
> Hi (ProteanThread),
>
> Try the fix that is available here:
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (line 128, right-hand side -->
> Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs)
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>
>>how can i get my desktop tab back into display properties so that i can
>>change my wallpaper?
>>
>>"NoDesktop" is not in HKLKM or
>>HCKU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Policies/Explorer so changing that to a
>>zero is out of the question; I even added it to the registry with a
>>value of zero and that didn't help.

thanks again patti

> Patti MacLeod wrote:
> > Hi (ProteanThread),
> >
> > Try the fix that is available here:
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm (line 128, right-hand
side -->
> > Restore Desktop and Screensaver Tabs)
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>how can i get my desktop tab back into display properties so that i can
> >>change my wallpaper?
> >>
> >>"NoDesktop" is not in HKLKM or
> >>HCKU/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Policies/Explorer so changing that to a
> >>zero is out of the question; I even added it to the registry with a
> >>value of zero and that didn't help.
> >

> thanks again patti

You're welcome again, (ProteanThread) :)

Regards,