Picture resizer for hx4700

April 22, 2005 12:12:12 PM

Does anyone know of a simple, free picture resizer I can use with my hx4700?
Viewing the photos is fine with what's built into the device, but my camera
is making these 3MB photos that I would like to keep on my PPC, but
obviously not at that high of quality. I realize I could take pictures at a
lower setting on the camera, but that's too much work, because in the end
I'm going to want the higher quality photo on my desktop for editing.

More about : picture resizer hx4700

Anonymous
April 22, 2005 1:28:16 PM

"Darin" <darinr@endpcnoise.com> wrote in message
| Does anyone know of a simple, free picture resizer I can use with my
hx4700?
| Viewing the photos is fine with what's built into the device, but my
camera
| is making these 3MB photos that I would like to keep on my PPC, but
| obviously not at that high of quality. I realize I could take pictures at
| lower setting on the camera, but that's too much work, because in the end
| I'm going to want the higher quality photo on my desktop for editing.

I use the microsft powertoy picture resizer on my desktop to make smaller
size duplicates to transfer to my PPC. that way I have the originals
in-tact on the PC but am not using up alot of unnecessary space on my PPC

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/...

you might also want to check your camera settings , many cameras have a
setting that they will automatically make a smaller size duplicate at the
time the photo is taken.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:06:06 PM

>> 3mb <<

consider the option of setting the camera resolution to a much lower
value if all you are doing is making snapshots that don't need the full
resolution.

I keep my canon at 640x480 since most of the shots are simply for
reference and reminders or headshots where that is more than enough and
almost all image viewing options, including pie, have no difficulty
resizing those instantly.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 1:07:59 AM

Thank you. But again, I don't want to take two pictures with the camera,
and I need one that is high quality for editing on my desktop. Just a small
utility that lets you resize them, on the PPC would be nice.

message news:utj3xU1RFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> >> 3mb <<
>
> consider the option of setting the camera resolution to a much lower value
> if all you are doing is making snapshots that don't need the full
> resolution.
>
> I keep my canon at 640x480 since most of the shots are simply for
> reference and reminders or headshots where that is more than enough and
> almost all image viewing options, including pie, have no difficulty
> resizing those instantly.
>
> Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
April 23, 2005 8:02:08 PM

Perhaps this one might do what you want to do... Incidentally, what size
do you want to make them ?

http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html

DD

Darin wrote:
> Does anyone know of a simple, free picture resizer I can use with my hx4700?
> Viewing the photos is fine with what's built into the device, but my camera
> is making these 3MB photos that I would like to keep on my PPC, but
> obviously not at that high of quality. I realize I could take pictures at a
> lower setting on the camera, but that's too much work, because in the end
> I'm going to want the higher quality photo on my desktop for editing.

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 8:04:09 PM

I'm no big fan of hp's proprietary software, but have you tried the editing
functions in hp Image Zone? This application is a bit odd to navigate, but
it's already loaded onto your 4700.

While in Image Zone, select the picture you wish to edit. Tap Tools >
Edit. This puts you into HP Image Zone Edit, then tap Image > Rescale.
The Rescale screen allows you to resize in terms of percentages or
specifying width/height in terms of pixels.

April 25, 2005 1:00:30 AM

I think I have tried that, but I don't mean just to adjust the picture for
viewing. I mean to take a larger photo, resize it, and save it. Is that
possible with the HP Image Zone software?