Normal Temp: 8800GTX?

mordenkhai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
I was curious what normal temps are for an eVGA 8800GTX, no OC or anything just stock.

Currently I am running nTune it shows 65-69c. What bothers me is I am hearing a "tick" not quite loud enough to be a beep. All my other temps are normal to a few degrees higher than normal but I am sick atm so its also really warm in the house right now. Temps read from mobo uGuru panel.

The ticking sounds like 1/8th not tick-tick-tick-tick constant but if I tab to a 3D game it kicks up to 1/16th notes ticktickticktickticktick. Sometimes its gone. I've had this build about a month now, I've played a TON of 3D games, F.E.A.R. , Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and some other stuff so I've used it a lot.

Build:
Antec 900
Abit AW9D-MAX
C2d E6600
Tuniq Tower 120 CPU cooler
OCZ DDR2 800MHz 2x1GB
eVGA 8800GTX
OCZ Gamestream 700w

jonrem

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I'm running a similar setup and my temps idle are btwn 56-59. I'd be concerned about the clicking though. Could it be a conflict with an audio device, etc?

mordenkhai

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2006
My TT blows up into the 200mm Top Exhaust fan on the Antec 900 so my CPU runs 30c , but my GTX blows down at the PSU which intakes air and exhausts out back. I was playing Everquest, which is a horribly written and executed program. The graphics arent good and they just beat up the machine cause the engine is so old. I turned some stuff down and Im hovering at 54-55c and the ticks are gone.

I think I will still contact eVGA and see what they have to say about it, I didnt plan on spending $550 for a Video Card that made noise that was audible while listen to my Television (center speaker is equidistant from me as the computer). Rather dissapointing. Thanks again for the info.

Edit: I can even 'adjust' the pitch of the ticks based on what I am facing in game and what is being drawn hehe

TRENDING THREADS