Terminal services locked down still leaks in security

Hi there

I have locked down terminal services in a windows 2000 server
environment as suggested in Q278295 of the KB.

I stripped everything, so i only have a startmenu and a nice windows
background. Users can't do anything (no right mouse clicks, no
shortcut keys, etc.)

The only thing they CAN do is doubleclick the program files in the
startmenu.
After that the explorer opens and my whole directory structure is
viewable.

Is there anybody who can help me to lock down this hole in the
security?

Thx

On 31 Jan 2005 06:14:17 -0800, lieuweh@xs4all.nl (lieuweh) wrote:

>Hi there
>
>I have locked down terminal services in a windows 2000 server
>environment as suggested in Q278295 of the KB.
>
>I stripped everything, so i only have a startmenu and a nice windows
>background. Users can't do anything (no right mouse clicks, no
>shortcut keys, etc.)
>
>The only thing they CAN do is doubleclick the program files in the
>startmenu.
>After that the explorer opens and my whole directory structure is
>viewable.
>
>Is there anybody who can help me to lock down this hole in the
>security?
>
>Thx

See tip 5620 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman