2 henchmen in the orgininal campaign with Hordes?

David wrote:
> Can you have 2 henchmen in the original campaign with Hordes installed?

No.

David wrote:
> Can you have 2 henchmen in the original campaign with Hordes installed?

As far as I remember, you can only do so in HotU. BTW the OC would be
FAR to easy, if you did it with two henchmen...

"Julian Eichert" <bolzbold@freenet.de> wrote in message
> David wrote:
> > Can you have 2 henchmen in the original campaign with Hordes installed?
> >

> As far as I remember, you can only do so in HotU. BTW the OC would be
> FAR to easy, if you did it with two henchmen...

Depends on the class you are and the scaling factors

Insane Ranter wrote:
> "Julian Eichert" <bolzbold@freenet.de> wrote in message
>
>>David wrote:
>>
>>>Can you have 2 henchmen in the original campaign with Hordes installed?
>>>

>>As far as I remember, you can only do so in HotU. BTW the OC would be
>>FAR to easy, if you did it with two henchmen...
>

> Depends on the class you are and the scaling factors

Well, the OC isn't too difficult. And people already said what henchmen
they choose depending on their class. Besides, having some weaknesses
and not having an allround party as in BG2 for example, is really
interesting...

Actually, if you edit the original campaign with a GetMaxHenchmen variable,
you could have as many as you want, I believe. But this is a bit advanced
for the average player to do and it would really ruin the fun of the game to
have more than 1. The game was balanced for 1 Henchmen and no more.

Mailer Deamon wrote:
> Actually, if you edit the original campaign with a GetMaxHenchmen
> variable, you could have as many as you want, I believe. But this is
> a bit advanced for the average player to do and it would really ruin
> the fun of the game to have more than 1. The game was balanced for 1
> Henchmen and no more.

I'm not really sure if that will work, because the OC uses the original
scripts for the henchmen and not the "new" system which was introduced in
SoU.

Hans

> I'm not really sure if that will work, because the OC uses the original
> scripts for the henchmen and not the "new" system which was introduced in
> SoU.

Setting the GetMaxHenchman variable will allow the original campaign (a copy
of it at least) to be played with more than 1 henchman. The new version of
the mod would only be playable by someone with HotU installed and henchman
scripts won't mess up the maximum number.

Points about difficulty are valid but with several henchman I think you get
less XP so probably balances out in the long run.

Wouldn't bother myself but is possible, some scripting experience required.