I'm going to be building a new system & I need to do it right. So, I'm looking for some advice.
1) Rock-solid reliability
2) Good gaming performance (doesn't have to be the best, does have to be good).
3) Upgradeable w.out changing the mobo (ie, cpu)
1) I will not be Over-clocking this machine
2) I will not SLI
3) I'll be running XP-Pro on it for at least a year; but I want it to be Vista-Premium capable.
4) Total budget of ~1200 (I already have monitor, kbd, mouse, DVD)
I'm definitely a noob, but with the help of some experts in here, I've developed the list below. In particular, I thought the motherboard would be good, and I'm hoping it could probably be found soon below $250. (one draw back is that you might need SATA DVD if you are planning on overclocking)