Temp Internet Files-Auto Update Check Question

Is there a way to set the Temporary Internet Files, Settings, "Check for
newer version of stored pages:" to "Automatically" through Group Policy?

I am willing to setup a script that will do it when the user logs on if need
be, but I haven't been able to find the setting in the registry either.

Any one have any insight?

Jay

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:39:07 -0800, "Jay Armstrong" <JayArmstrong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to set the Temporary Internet Files, Settings, "Check for
>newer version of stored pages:" to "Automatically" through Group Policy?
>
>I am willing to setup a script that will do it when the user logs on if need
>be, but I haven't been able to find the setting in the registry either.
>
>Any one have any insight?
>
>Jay

Yes.

See tip 6403 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

User Configuration / Windows Settings / Internet Explorer Maintenance / Advanced / Corporate Settings / Temporary Internet Files (User)

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com