high stock core temps and really high speedfan temp

bighop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
I took the heatsink off three times throughout that whole "blowing up" thing, so I imagine it's a little thin on the thermal compound, but these are high right?

idle - 41
TAT 100% - 65

and when I open up speedfan, it has an "Aux" reading of 125, what is that measuring?!?!

Thanks

bighop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
sorry,
e6600 stock hsf
P5b deluxe
x1900gt with cooler

speedfan opens with these temps, I haven't changed anything

system: 35C
cpu: 41C
aux: 125C
HD0: 39C
HD1: 38C

just trying to figure out what the "aux" temp is. under configure, it has all the same properties as system and cpu

let me know if you need more

everett

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2004
I do not have a e6600, so i can not say for sure. Those(cpu) temps seems rather cool for what i have read though. The "blowing up" sound needs a closer look, check everything over for damage.

Sirfiroth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
don't know what aux is measuring, but you can boil water on it. not to make light of the situation but I am reasonably sure that it sounds like a faulty sensor. can you disable this function in bios? :?:

jdrushel

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Speedfan was giving me a negative number for Aux, like -265 or something. I just turned off monitoring for it in Speedfan.

bighop

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
don't know what aux is measuring, but you can boil water on it. not to make light of the situation but I am reasonably sure that it sounds like a faulty sensor. can you disable this function in bios? :?:

the bios only shows me the mb temp and the cpu temp, I can disable the monitor in speedfan

it has never changed from 124.5C

jdrushel

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Actually, I take that back. I was mistaken. My System temperature shows -65C in Speedfan. Aux is currently showing 31. Sounds like a similar issue with the sensor though.

CompuTronix

Intel Master
e6600 stock hsf
P5b deluxe
x1900gt with cooler

speedfan opens with these temps, I haven't changed anything

system: 35C
cpu: 41C
aux: 125C
HD0: 39C
HD1: 38C

SpeedFan's Aux temp has displayed erroneous values through several releases, which has been a concern to many for some time now. I emailed a few months ago for info regarding this issue, but never received a response, however, Aux appears to provide for future expansion of motherboard sensor inputs, such as RAM, PSU, or case temps. Since Aux is not connected (NC), it randomly toggles through possible display values. As this does not present a problem, I did as most do, which was to disable Aux, and disregard it.

As for the clarification of C2D temps, check out the following topic:

Core 2 Duo Temperature Guide

Hope this helps. 8)