About:blank Spyware

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

If you have been infected with the above, and can't connect to the internet,
is a workaround possible by downloading from another computer, and putting
on CD?
Another solution?

First, if you don't have WinXP SP2, get LSP-Fix - a free program to repair
damaged Winsock 2 stacks
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
save it because you might need to repair the Winsock 2 stacks after removing
the culprit.
For WinXP SP2 this command will restore the Winsock stacks if you can't
connect after clearing the malware.
Go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

Then get CWShredder
http://www.intermute.com/products/cwshredder.html

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Happy wrote:

>If you have been infected with the above, and can't connect to the internet,
>is a workaround possible by downloading from another computer, and putting
>on CD?

http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.htm#cwshred
and download, that will probably fix things

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks all, we are working through it, thanks for all the suggestions.
"Alex Nichol" <alexn.mvpdts@ntlworld.delete.com> wrote in message
> Happy wrote:
>
>>If you have been infected with the above, and can't connect to the
>>internet,
>>is a workaround possible by downloading from another computer, and putting
>>on CD?
>
> http://aumha.org/freeware/freeware.htm#cwshred
> and download, that will probably fix things
>

> --
> Alex Nichol MS MVP (Windows Technologies)
> Bournemouth, U.K. Alexn@mvps.D8E8L.org (remove the D8 bit)

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I have the same problem and have run Norton antivirus, Microsoft antispyware,
PestPatrol and Spybot and I still not have gotten rid of aboutblank. I have
also tried system restore as per dell and that will not work either.

"Happy" wrote:

> If you have been infected with the above, and can't connect to the internet,
> is a workaround possible by downloading from another computer, and putting
> on CD?
> Another solution?

Home Search Hijacker
Symptoms: IE Hijacked to res://<random>.dll/index.html#<random> PopUps
Download
HSRemove.Exe
http://www.hsremove.com/

HSRemove.Exe direct download
http://www.hsremove.com/hsremove.exe

AboutBuster.exe About:blank removal tool
http://www.atribune.org/downloads/AboutBuster.zip

AboutBuster.exe About:blank removal tool
http://tools.zerosrealm.com/AboutBuster.zip

AboutBuster.exe About:blank removal tool
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/AboutBuster.zip

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes