Group Policy-Security

On my company laptop it has a corporate image so I am restricted despite
having local admin rights from changing the group policy settings for
password aging, remembering same passwords etc. I am no longer on a domain
so log in as a workgroup now but cannot find where in the registry will
allow me to give myself permssions to change these particular gpo settings.
My password is about to expire and I'd like to change it so it never does
and since I no longer log into a domain I know that is not being pushed by a
domain controlller it is just a local policy on this machine. Does anyone
know where to do that? Thanks,

You can open Local Security Policy via secpol.msc and find the settings
under security settings/account policies. If that is still a company laptop
I would make sure that it is complying with company password policy.
Whatever you end up doing it makes sense to user a strong passwords for your
accounts. --- Steve

"CJC" <cjc@prodigy.net> said

> On my company laptop it has a corporate image so I am restricted despite
> having local admin rights from changing the group policy settings for
> password aging, remembering same passwords etc. I am no longer on a
> domain so log in as a workgroup now but cannot find where in the
> registry will allow me to give myself permssions to change these
> particular gpo settings. My password is about to expire and I'd like to
> change it so it never does and since I no longer log into a domain I
> know that is not being pushed by a domain controlller it is just a local
> policy on this machine. Does anyone know where to do that? Thanks,

Ask your network administrator.
If the change is allowed under their security policy they will gladly alter
it for you.

--

Andy.