Settings of Group Policy Object Not taking effect by User ..

Hi,

Problem : Settings of Group Policy Object Not taking effect by User when
user logs in to the domain.

Here is my setup info..
- I have setup an Win 2000 ADS server with a Win 2000 Prfo client attached
to the domain.
- On the ADS server, I have the Default Domain Controllers Policy. This is a
GPO. This is applied to the site, Domain & the ou.
- Edited the Default Domain Controllers Policy & Enabled the "Add logoff to
start menu" & "Remove Run from the start Menu".
- I have a user under the ou. So when the user logs in from the Win2000 Prof
client, the two properties ie "Add logoff to start menu" & "Remove Run from
the start Menu" are not taking effect. So whatever settings thats made for
the GPO are not getting effect..

Thanks,
Prasanna
1 answer Last reply
More about settings group policy object taking effect user

    Hi,

    prasannagh schrieb:
    > - Edited the Default Domain Controllers Policy & Enabled the
    > "Add logoff to start menu" & "Remove Run from the start Menu".

    Create a own GPO with your settings on the OU remove the link
    to the defdomconpol on that OU. The defdomconpol should only be
    linked to the container Domain Controllers

    HTH
    Mark
    --
    Mark Heitbrink - MVP Windows Server