Sign in with
Your question

3dmark score ok?

Last response: in Systems
January 26, 2007 3:19:14 AM

Just put together my system and ran the 2 free versions of 3dmark on it to see if its ok

here is my setup:

C2D e6600 (2.4ghz)
P5b Deluxe
2gb corsair XMS2 6400C4
Radeon x1950XT
150gb raptor
corsair 620W psu

everything has been left at stock for this, so things like the ram isnt even running at 4-4-4-12

but how are these scores so far for a system like this with no overclocking?
what im trying to understand is, with everything at stock settings, is it all functioning as expected?

3dmark05: 11741

3dmark06: 6006

More about : 3dmark score

January 26, 2007 1:08:54 PM

well looking at the site im thinking my computer is underperforming

they have a slower processor, less ram and get almost 200 points more than I do in mark06 :?
Related resources
January 26, 2007 1:41:06 PM

No, actually your scores are right...If you read carefully, that link shows that that card is FACTORY OVERCLOCKED, and this is why their scores are higher. If you were to overclock your video card, your score would go well above that score.
January 26, 2007 1:41:34 PM

It seems like they may have fudged the numbers somewhat. Do a few more run's though, and look at each individual score (CPU, Canyon run, ect) and compare those individaully to other reviews on your cpu and vid card. See if there is any major differences there.

EDIT: Oh crap factory overclocked. Nevermind yes those are right. Mind you I just looked at a couple reviews and you are sitting about the same.
January 26, 2007 1:47:13 PM

what does factory overclocked mean?

because I have the same card, HIS Radeon X1950XT IceQ3 Turbo...does that mean mine is factory overclocked as well?
January 26, 2007 2:09:54 PM

Quote:

because I have the same card, HIS Radeon X1950XT IceQ3 Turbo...does that mean mine is factory overclocked as well?

Thats a development....(should have told us what video card you had....its ok though... :) 

Factory overclock is where the video card manufacturer actually takes the recommended clock speed settings and raises them before shipping out the card. ie: Stock: 625/900 Overclocked: 650/950. Thus the card runs faster than a non factory overclocked card.

OOPS! Reading the review even closer revealed that this card is NOT factory overclocked. (I'm so stupid sometimes.... :oops:  ) But it does have a thing the manufacturer calls iTurbo, which when installed, increases the core clock speed by 25mhz, which isn't much, but could account for your 200 points.
Quote:
Our HIS X1950 XT, boosted on iTurbo, was running at stock X1950 XTX core clock speeds

By activating iTurbo, you should be able to reach simmilar scores.

Best of Luck
January 26, 2007 2:34:31 PM

200 points in a 3dmark is nothing, unless that is your overall score. :)  Honestly, I have run benchmarks in a series, and have found that the scores can range within a 1000 points in some cases, depending on what else is running (process wise). Just don't put too much emphasis on benchmarks; they are supposed to be used to ballpark your machine against what is tested hardware to see if it is performing as it should. If you are seeing noticable differences from similar hardware (2000-3000 points) or from one personal benchmark to another, you can use it to troubleshoot your PC. I know some people just build a box to brag about a benchmark score, but show no noticable gameplay difference than a box that might cost up to $1000 less. Humans cannot differentiate between 100fps and 120fps...although a benchmark might show a dramatic difference. Its all about what is your prioritiy.
!