Error : Failed to Open Group Policy Object

Hi All,
We are using Windows 2000 Server with SP4 as Domain Controller. I have
started facing a peculiar problem that i am not able to open Domain
Controller Security Policy and Domain Security Policy. which is under
Administrative Tools. The moment i click on it I get an Error Message:
" Group Policy Error
Failed to open the Group Policy Object. You may not have appropriate
rights.
Details:- The system cannot find the path specified."

After searching a lot I got the resolution for the same. If you got to
Active Directory Users and Computers ->Domain Controllers
OU->Properties->Group Policy Tab->Default Domain Controller
Policy->Properties.

There in the summary it says created,modified, revision and unique name. I
want to know that what is the signifance of revision and if it is changed
what will happen.

Please let me know that resolution for the same ASAP.
Thanks,
Gautam

Revisions is just an indicator of how many times the policy has been changed
for the user or computer configuration. As far as I know you can not change
that but you will notice it increment every time the that Group Policy is
changed depending on if it is computer or user configuration you changed.
You can use the support tools gpotool and replmon to find out more about
health of Group Policy replication. --- Steve