computer - windows settings - security - registry

accidentally posted in wrong group first. Sorry for the doublepost.

Is the Computer - Windows Settings - Security - Registry node in a GPO only
used to restrict users from changing certian registry keys or can I also use
it to create registry key/values automatically on client machines?

any input is appreciated. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about computer windows settings security registry

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:19:42 -0500, "djc" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote:

    >accidentally posted in wrong group first. Sorry for the doublepost.
    >
    >Is the Computer - Windows Settings - Security - Registry node in a GPO only
    >used to restrict users from changing certian registry keys or can I also use
    >it to create registry key/values automatically on client machines?
    >
    >any input is appreciated. Thanks.

    It sets permissions only.
    See tip 8724 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

    Jerold Schulman