1950XT temp?

CompuTronix

Intel Master
70c is quite typical, so your temp is just fine. Some users report extreme high temps of as much as 90c. If you wish to test the full load thermal characteristics of your GPU, then download and install ATI Tool, and run "Show 3D View". ATI Tool is very versatile, and will also allow you to OC and test stability with "Scan for Artifacts". My X1900XT OC'd to 700 / 1700 max's at 71c with 22c ambient.

Hope this helps. 8)

nem2k

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
so whats a safe operating temperature for a 1950XT then? 70C was when playing games for about 5minutes, I do plan on overclocking this thing at some point so its bound to get hotter

I think part of the problem is the fan. even at 70C, I dont hear the fan kicking in and reaching anywhere near full speed. is there anyhting I can use to adjust this? Im using the his tool right now which sets auto fan speed, but are there any programs which will allow me to specifiy a certain fan speed at a certain temp?

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
so whats a safe operating temperature for a 1950XT then? 70C was when playing games for about 5minutes, I do plan on overclocking this thing at some point so its bound to get hotter

I think part of the problem is the fan. even at 70C, I dont hear the fan kicking in and reaching anywhere near full speed. is there anyhting I can use to adjust this? Im using the his tool right now which sets auto fan speed, but are there any programs which will allow me to specifiy a certain fan speed at a certain temp?
Set it to 75% manually full time then. Which X1950XT did you buy, by the way?

nem2k

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
i bought the HIS turbo edition with the iceQ3 cooler...which you would think would keep things cooler than 70 :roll:

CompuTronix

Intel Master

ATI Tool will allow you to set up an 8 step RPM/temp table. My X1900XT is configured to idle at 23% and reaches 100% RPM at 69c. 8)

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006

ATI Tool will allow you to set up an 8 step RPM/temp table. My X1900XT is configured to idle at 23% and reaches 100% RPM at 69c. 8)
my X1950XT maxes at 55c because I shoved a tornado over a sytrin ;)