Event ID: 1202
Date: 2/7/2005
Time: 2:04:07 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER01
Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has
occurred.

For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative
account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event
1202s".

I don't know if you have seen the following KB or not but if you go to the
last section about your error code you can enable debugging of scecli
extensions. Whether the log will make sense to anyone but Microsoft
engineers, I don't know offhand. You also can use the support tools gptool
and replmon to see if replication is happening or not. When you run
gpotool, which I would do first, make sure that all five domain controllers
are shown in the list of domain controllers and you will see either a Policy
OK message for each GPO if they are replicating correctly or "errors found"
if they are not. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324383

"ABQ_Me" <kcicyber@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> 3-win2k and 4-03 server network. When the network was built i was
> modifying the GP with a non SP2 XP pro machine.
> According to MS, i needed to run the current SP2 on my XP and thigns would
> be fixed. it fixed most of it, GP now is replicating through the 03
> servers. ALL my Server2K have this Event in them. and i am not sure that
> the GP is being fully replicated to these machines, as there are a few
> logon scripts not running/drives not mapping, etc... Even after doing
> everything MS suggests in KB .
>
> Would it be better, to remove AD from these Server2k machines, and make
> them members servers so they dont have to take all the GP Replications?
> Is there a GP I can set to choose which users log in to which servers and
> avoid the partial GP replications?
>

> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: SceCli
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1202
> Date: 2/7/2005
> Time: 2:04:07 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: SERVER01
> Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error
> has occurred.
>
> For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative
> account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event
> 1202s".

TRENDING THREADS