Save screen shot

I need to save a screen shot and send it via email, can anyone tell me how
to do it?
10 answers Last reply
More about save screen shot

    Press the "Print Screen" button on your Keyboard
    Open MS Paint or another graphic editing program paste the clipboard into a
    new frame, save the image, attach it in your email letter.

    Jeff

    "PhilH" <erbilgerbil@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I need to save a screen shot and send it via email, can anyone tell me how
    > to do it?

    In addition to Jeff's advice, if you want to do this a lot, consider SnagIt
    (Techsmith). With the XP screen capture you have to edit the image in paint
    to reduce the file size for the attachment, but in SnagIt you can capture
    screen areas directly. Just a thought.

    In news:esZ2Zs5EFHA.3492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
    PhilH <erbilgerbil@hotmail.com> typed:

    > I need to save a screen shot and send it via email, can anyone
    > tell
    > me how to do it?

    Back in the days of DOS, the PrintScrn key used to print the
    screen. But in all versions of Windows, this works differently,
    and the name of the key is now an anachronism.

    To use the key, press it to capture an image of the entire
    screen, or press alt-PrintScrn to capture an image of the active
    window. Either one captures the image to the Windows clipboard.
    Once it's in the clipboard you can paste (Ctrl-V) it into any
    application that supports graphics (Windows Paint, other graphics
    programs, even your favorite word processor). You can edit or add
    to the image as you wish, then print it, E-mail it, or do
    whatever you want.

    Please reply to the newsgroup

    PhilH wrote:
    > I need to save a screen shot and send it via email, can anyone tell me how
    > to do it?

    Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
    clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
    the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
    graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
    paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
    file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

    How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?PR=1&scid=kb;en-us;Q173884

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    > PhilH wrote:
    > > I need to save a screen shot and send it via email, can anyone tell me
    how
    > > to do it?
    > >

    > Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
    > clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
    > the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
    > graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
    > paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
    > file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.
    >
    > How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key

    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?PR=1&scid=kb;en-us;Q173884

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    the "Q173884" link is no good

    This works: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

    If_Its_Junk wrote:

    > the "Q173884" link is no good

    Try this one, then.

    How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce, did you happen to read my post just above yours?

    Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    > Bruce, did you happen to read my post just above yours?

    Not till after I replied with the new link. ;-} I've a bad habit of
    replying before reading the entire thread. (Also, the error pointed
    out was in my earlier post, so I felt obligated to provide the correct
    information.)

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    I know, we are following each other around the newsgroup. It's fun
    sometimes. :)

    > Colin Barnhorst wrote:
    >> Bruce, did you happen to read my post just above yours?
    >>

    > Not till after I replied with the new link. ;-} I've a bad habit of
    > replying before reading the entire thread. (Also, the error pointed out
    > was in my earlier post, so I felt obligated to provide the correct
    > information.)
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you: