Overclocking Corsair Dominator RAM HELP!

I recently payed a preatty good price for 2G's of Corsair Dominator 6400.
CM2X1024-6400C4D and its XMS640v2.1
Which I find out when I receive ths RAM. because it wasnt posted on the site. I assumed i was buying quality Ram for over 350dollars.
The point im making is they were using MICRON PCB's and then right at my version of the RAM they switched over to PROMOS. Which is a terrible board for overclocking. They run at 800mhz now and I was hopign to get close to 1000mhz.
Does anyone know how well this RAM will overclock.
Also, perhaps is it worth it to go with different RAM or just stick with this ram and run it at 850-900mhz.
Im using an EVGA 680i Board.
There were many posts on Newegg about this Ram of ppl saying it overclocks easy to 1060 ect. ect. I just find that hard to beleive. they must be using a Micron board or they are just on drugs. But i could be wrong and maybe the Promos PCB isnt that bad.
Thanks a lot for the input.
1 answer Last reply
More about overclocking corsair dominator help
  1. Quote:
    ...I assumed i was buying quality Ram for over 350dollars.

Manufacturers modify their DIMMs all the time. If a specific version is important to you, you need to contact the vendor first, or buy from a vendor that allows you to return DIMMs for any reason.

Quote:
    The point im making is they were using MICRON PCB's...
    Minor correction: "PCBs" are "Printed Circuit Boards" or perhaps "poly-chlorinated biphenyls"; the term you're looking for is "chips". :wink:
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking Corsair Dominator RAM Product