add domain account to local administrator group

Is there any way I can add a domain account to the local administrators group
of a workstation, without going to every machine?
1 answer Last reply
More about domain account local administrator group

    You can use Restricted Groups by either replacing current membership of the
    local administrators group with a list of groups/users that you want to
    enforce or use the "member of" option if using SP4 on Windows 2000. For that
    create a global group and add domain members to the group. The member of
    option will not replace current group membership. You can find restricted
    groups in Group Policy/computer configuration/Windows settings/security
    settings. For what you want to do this must be done at the OU level with the
    computers you want to add the user/group into the OU, otherwise you run the
    risk of adding that user/group to the administrators group for the domain.
    Another option is a Group Policy "startup" script using the " net
    localgroup" command to add a user/group to the local administrators group to
    domain computers that are assigned the script. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;228496 ---
    restricted groups.

    "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there any way I can add a domain account to the local administrators
    > group
    > of a workstation, without going to every machine?

Policy Domain Workstations Microsoft Windows