ATI Overdrive underclocked my X1950 Pro Ultimate

Hey peeps,

Long time reader, first time poster. I recently built myself a new pc:

E6400 @ 2.6Ghz
2GB OCZ Platinum @ 800Mhz, 4-4-4-12
Gigabyte DS4
Sapphire X1950 Pro Ultimate @ not enough!!
Antec P150 w/ 430W Neo HE
Thermaltake 250W 5.25" PSU
500GB+320BG SATA + RAID1 160GB IDE
A few other bits like a card reader, dvd drives...

I am very happy with it except the graphics card. When it came it was clocked at 580Mhz core, 800Mhz memory. I then used ATI Overdrive to see if I could squeeze a bit more out of it. However after Overdrive did it's tests it set the card to 621/780 (ish). I would like to put the memory back to 800 but it will not let me!

I tried using ATItool to change the card back to 580/800 and it crashed instantly. I also tried putting my FSB and memory back to normal and using ATI Overdrive and ATItool but still couldn't get the memory back to 800. It is stable at 621/780 but I think I should be able to push a bit more out of it or at least get it back to factory settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions are welcome.

Gus
8 answers Last reply
More about overdrive underclocked x1950 ultimate
  1. ATI Tray Tools 1.2.6.964
    Try this for the X1950Pro.
  2. Thanks for the reply! I will try it as soon as I get home. :)
  3. 8) let us know how it goes for you.
  4. Ha, I couldn't remember what the other ATI tool was since 1950Pro wasn't supported under tool last time I checked. Thanks for the link Datman. Bounce Bounce Bounce, damn I got mesmerized for a sec........
  5. Yey! I put the card back to normal! Thanks so much for the advice.

Love the sig. Have you ever seen the SWF of Sydney Moon doing that? I think you will love it
  6. Glad your card is right now. :D

Got a link for the SWF of Sydney Moon. :wink:
    Sounds interesting.
  7. if overdrive is downclocking your card, that means it's not stable or is too hot at the stock speed.

what's the GPU temperature liek?
  8. Hi Battleghost,

As far as I am aware the temp wasn't too bad, about 60-65C when running Just Cause or Oblivion.

Overdrive was actually speeding up the GPU and slowing down the memory. I don't think it measures the memory temp (if it does, please tell me where!) so I guess it was finding errors but I haven't seen any in games.

I have the X1950 in an Antec P150 with plenty of airflow coming in over the disks and out the back. It is powered by a Thermaltake PurePower 250W additional PSU
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overdrive ATI Overclocking