kona

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2005
Use a flash drive for instead. It works just as well for the bit-locker encryption and you won't have to hunt it down.

G

I really really hate ignorant arses like the two people who flammed this guy for asking a question about something they know nothing about! They have nothing but time and no answers to any real issues on these forums. They make stupid statments like:

1. Oh that happened to me too
2. you are on the wrong board
3. You better be nice to me or "fill in the blank" (translation: I am a weak nerd who acts tough online but would normally get my arse kicked)
4. Maybe if you were not such a Dillwad "etc etc" (translation: I am really the dillwad with no real answer to your question so instead I will flame you to make me feel better)
5. Use a flash drive instead of the truely secure TPM technology (What a freakin idiot!)

To the original poster, I hope by now you have found your answer. Stick with the TPM and forget about the flash drive or dillwads who would use them!!!!

picomode

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007

Just noticed a board on Asus's web site that has TPM IC built in. This should allow us to use the hardware level encryption SSD's can have built in. Just have a look at the Asus P8Q77-M/CSM
http://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/P8Q77MCSM/

Edit rant: Why does finding secure products need to be so complicated. By now in 2014 with UEFI BIOSs, all of the vendors should have these ICs built into all of the motherboards they offer. Every notebook in recent times has had this feature..why is the desktop market so slow to keep pace. Wait..I blame... The younger generation doesn't care as much about security as the older generations. The younger generation that drives overclocking and motherboard market in general..gaming...always more about performance. One of the most ridiculous things I saw was a board that could handle a 1.3KW power CPU..liquid nitrogen not included. Shit it is no wonder security gets overlooked.